The SBFC helps businesses create and retain jobs, and encourages investment in low- to moderate-income communities. The SBFC has several programs to support small business, including a Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee, a Jump Start Loan Program and more.
California Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program — COVID-19
The Small Business Finance Center (SBFC) partners with Financial Development Corporations to provide loan guarantees and direct loans for small businesses that experience capital access barriers.
Who Can Apply
- Small Businesses located in California with 1-750 employees that have been negatively impacted or experienced disruption by COVID-19
- Eligible Nonprofits
- Guaranteed up to 7 years
- Guarantees up to 95% of loan
- Loan interest rates negotiated between lender and borrower
- Qualifications based on lender criteria
Loan proceeds to be used for continuance of business including, but not limited to:
- The funds are meant to help small businesses through this challenging